- PHARMACY TECHNICIANS
The Colegio de Farmacéuticos de Puerto Rico is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education.
- 1. Present the signs, symptoms, causes, and risk factors associated with dry eye disease.
- 2. Mention non-pharmacological alternatives, over-the-counter medications, and prescription medications used in the management of dry eye syndrome.
- 3. Identify candidates for self-care and self-medication of dry eye and recognize situations in which a patient should be referred to an eye specialist.
- 4. Explain the proper administration techniques for eye drops and ointments used in the management of dry eye.
- 5. Describe the role of the pharmacist in the management of dry eye disease.
Frances Colón Pratts, Pharm.D.,CDE, Pharm.D.
Brief Bio : Pharm.D./Professor of Nova Southeastern University
MERIEL ALVARADO TORRES, PHARM.D.