- Pharmacy Technicians
The Colegio de Farmacéuticos de Puerto Rico is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education.
- Recognize the benefit to patients and healthcare workers of adhering to scientifically accepted principles and practices of infection prevention and control.
- Recognize non-specific disease findings that should prompt evaluation of healthcare workers.
- List strategies for preventing transmission of pathogenic organisms (HIV, HCV, HBV, TB).
- Describe specific measures to prevent transmission of bloodborne pathogens from patient to patient, healthcare worker to patient, and patient to healthcare worker.
- Describe the circumstances that require the use of barriers and personal protective equipment to prevent patient or healthcare worker contact with potentially infectious material.
- Identify occupational health strategies for preventing transmission of bloodborne pathogens and other communicable diseases in healthcare workers.
- Recognize the pharmacists and pharmacy technicians responsibility to adhere to scientifically accepted infection prevention and control practices in all healthcare settings and the consequences of failing to comply.
Blanca Ortíz, B.S.Ph., Pharm.D., GCG, Pharm.D.
Brief Bio : Pharm.D.,Dean and Professor of NOVA Southeastern University-School of Pharmacy
MARIO QUINTERO, PHARM.D.
Brief Bio : MARIO QUINTERO, PHARM.D.,MT
Release Date: Jul 28, 2020
Credit Expiration Date: Jul 28, 2023
El Conquistador, Fajardo, PR